- CEO of Siyavula Education (Pty) Ltd., Cape Town (December 2011 – Present)
- Shuttleworth Foundation Fellow: Open and Collaborative Resources, Cape Town (Jan 2010 – Feb 2012)
- Siyavula Project Manager, Shuttleworth Foundation, Cape Town (Oct 2007 – December 2009)
- Physics Research Officer, Centre for High Performance Computing, Rosebank, Cape Town (Jun – Sep 2007)
- Ph.D. Nuclear Physics, University of Cape Town (UCT), Rondebosch, South Africa 2007, hosted by LBNL, CA, USA.
- M.Sc. Experimental Physics, UCT, Rondebosch, South Africa 2002.
- B.Sc. (Hons) Theoretical Physics, UCT, Rondebosch, South Africa 1999.
- B.Sc. Applied Mathematics and Physics, UCT, Rondebosch, South Africa 1998.
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND PROJECTS
- Di-hadron correlation analysis of heavy-ion data from the Solenoidal Tracker at RHIC (STAR) (Jan. 2004 – Dec. 2006).
- Monte-Carlo simulations and algorithm analysis and optimisation for ALICE (Oct. 2002 – Dec. 2003).
- CERN Summer Student (Jun. – Sep. 2002)
EDUCATION INTERESTS AND PROJECTS
- Founded (Oct. 2002) the Free High School Science Texts (FHSST) project.
- Physics Course Tutor (1998-2002), University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- Mathematics Course Tutor (2000,2001), University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- Physics Laboratory demonstrator (1998-2002).
TECHNOLOGY INTERESTS AND PROJECTS
- Built (Nov. 2005 – Feb. 2006) an interactive website based on modern content management principles for the FHSST project.
- Directed the building of a 20 node OSCAR Beowulf for the UCT-CERN Research Centre.
- Built and administered (2002-2006) UCT-CERN Research Centre web-server.
- Developed (2002) a distributed file manager in PERL for the ALICE experiment.
GRANTS AND CONFERENCE ORGANISATION
- Led the FHSST project to successfully gain funding in 2006.
- Co-founded and organised the First Scientific Clustering Applications Workshop (SCAW) at UCT in 2004.
- Organising committee member for Strangeness in Quark Matter Conference 2004 (SQM2004).
- Co-wrote a successful upgrade request for the UCT-CERN Research Centre computing facilities.