Neels van der Westhuizen and I met with Mothusi Sebogwa and Jors de Ridder from the North West Education Department On Wednesday and Thursday last week (9th and 10th June) to discuss what the next steps would be in our collaboration this year would be.
We spent time just brainstorming and discussing ideas, challenges and opportunities with some of the main topics being:
- FullMarks – Siyavula’s open on-line assessment bank for exam questions and answers
- Gathering and reporting on exam performance in the North West Province
- Additional subject English for mother tongue Foundation Phase learners
- Translation of Siyavula resources in to Tswana for Foundation Phase learnersPresentation to the principals and distribution of the DVDs with Siyavula workbooks
- Pilot with the workbooks in Grade 5
In the end we are going to help them prepare a plan for a Grade 5 pilot of the openly licensed workbooks made available through Siyavula and prepare a plan for the use of FullMarks to assist with their systemic assessment activities. I captured some thoughts on the pilot in this vlog: